4.09.2007

I need to stop liking so much music. Or at least cheap, live music. I went to The Balance last night because I hate to miss what they might pull out of the hat. It was Jake, the guitarists b-day, so the show had a special kind of feel to it. My roommate decided it would be a good night to have a party so I had to decide between the two events.

As per usual, The Balance won the battle, at least until the show was over. Jake wooed me into staying by showing me the set list prior to the show. Little Brazil opened, they rocked, and were not too off put by my heckling from the stands. The Balance ripped it up as usual, did a great rendition of my favorite song "Hesitation" as well as a few spot on covers. First up was Bruce Springsteen's "Dancin' in the Dark" and the band's bassist Sam Larson might've found a song that fits his vocal style well. Next up was The Police's "Message in a Bottle" and I've gotta say that that was some of the best drumming I've heard by Brett to date. The night ended with a doubling up of Pink Floyd, first with Nate Green on solo keys from "Nobody Home" which segued into a great "Comfortably Numb."

This week Man Man on Tuesday at the Waiting Room (my first visit) and again on Thursday for Eagle*Seagull. I might go to another show on Friday, we'll see how my pocketbook and ears are feeling. In other news it's almost 12:30 a.m. on Sunday and I have about nine pages of a ten page paper to write before noon tomorrow. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckley, just checked out your blog for the first time. Always interested in what you are thinking! Sounds like I chose the wrong time to miss a Balance show. See you soon.

- Jay (oldsox) in Sioux Falls

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

web page counter
Walmart Online Store