8.01.2007

Thoughts on Lincoln Calling preparation

It's crunch time guys. Last few weeks before school starts and I still need to confirm with at least ten bands. Some of those not yet confirmed are pretty close to it, but not definite. I'd like for them to be so I can start spreading the word in earnest. At least the weekend is a little later this year so I have some time to work with.

It's great to think that this is something that I do the bulk of the work putting it together. When the weekend comes I sometimes feel like downtown Lincoln is all mine for three days. But until that weekend I have a lot of anxiety and stress that comes from doing this in my spare time. It's still work, but it's work I do after I do the stuff that I get paid to do.

But I think all in all I've had a rather productive summer. I wrote probably 40 articles, reviewed 20 or so CDs, worked 30+ hours a week at a warehouse and found a job bartending. I'm still broke all the time, but at least I'm progressing.

Listen to kexp.org, it's good stuff.

No comments:

 

web page counter
Walmart Online Store